Sunday, April 13, 2014

A New Camera!

How exciting! By an act of Divine providence I purchased a used Nikon D3000 a couple of weeks about and have been having a blast learning its quirks. It takes such lovely pictures I hardly need to do anything, but I'm sure once we get truly acquainted they will be simply marvelous!

There's nothing quite like carrying around an impressive camera. People always assume you know what you are doing. I had a photoshoot last week for a friend's senior pictures.


One day while figuring out some features I stopped next to a bush as it was handy to get some closeups. I had just finished taking a series when I looked up to see a stranger walking up the path and he gave me such a look that said "What are you doing you crazy, mad woman?" so I gave him my cheekiest of smiles and walked on.
 Flowers are such a nice fall-back as a photographic subject. I've found for pictures like the above where there is no obvious plane of focus that I can use the camera's auto-focus to find the plane I want, turn it to manual and it doesn't give my any problems when I shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment