Saturday, September 6, 2014

A Saturday's Meander

My second Saturday there was fairly uneventful as I studied and worked up at the Vines. I decided to go for a meander around Oxford and Headington Hill. 
Through the foliage and the sun you could see the tops of the Oxford buildings. The light was just right and I swear I found Lothlorien for a moment.
I did find this lovely old church tucked away from everything and with a hugely overgrown cemetery on the north side.
There were also roses all over the place. I love how Oxford has them everywhere. It makes stopping to smell the roses a viable life path.
Around back I found tangled tombstones covered in prickers and nettles. There was also this little scene, two symbols of life combating death surrounded by the forces of evil.
I then meandered over to Headington Hill where I sketched for a bit and did this scene.
A more realistic representation follows, with me.
Back at the Vines as it got dark. Funny how the colours turned out in this picture. My room was over on the left on the 2nd floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment