Monday, May 5, 2014

Skyuka Falls

After church on Sunday I took a walk down to Skyuka falls.
  
 I knew it was a long walk but didn't realize just how long it was until I got there and had to think about walking back up.
It is 2.6 miles down and 2.6 all the way back up again. 

 The spring itself was lovely and cold.
 Behind those rocks is a cave-like space full of mosquitoes.
 The water was particularly photogenic. It was clear and cold and shallow.
 There were a myriad of flying things buzzing over the water.
 Unfortunately, the walk was longer than expected and I ended up missing church and coming back home around 8 pm.


 I found this large beetle on the walk back up. It was between 1 and 2 inches long.

 I came back right around down and snapped these pictures of plants in the twilight.




1 comment: