Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Whee! Midterms!

Taking a slight break (or any excuse to procrastinate)  from studying for midterms to write. This week is going to be rather abysmal. I have a French Midterm, a PE midterm project, a chapters worth of French homework to do, and a paper due at midnight tonight. Gah! And they are all, except for the test, things I could have accomplished a long time ago, but I'm dreadfully short-sighted when it comes to planning.                      
I did manage to have a minor breakthrough for this paper on Descartes concerning the moral failing that happens in errors of judgement. I'm going to frame the paper around Eve's decision to eat the fruit in the garden, and bring in Milton's wonderful quotation from Book 3.99 of Paradise Lost, concerning man's capacity for free will: "Sufficient to have stood though free to fall." Over break I will be reading PL and Hamlet, and writing a paper on them, so PL is fresh in my mind.

Things I consider necessary for studying: ear plugs, (they make life so much easier) an apple, and water. 

Books help too. Is it clear I love Post-its?
The picture in the binder is left over from last years Doctrine I, and is the faculty of Old Princeton the year Geerhardus Vos was installed as faculty in 1894.

No comments:

Post a Comment