Sunday, March 3, 2013

Spring Break pt. 1

After a push through the last four days of midterms, I made it to Spring Break! 

Saturday morning, the sun broke over the mountains the mountains. It's hard to grasp the grandeur of a scene like that with a camera.
 The best part was opening the window and seeing the blanket of snow. I had no idea it had happened.
The snow stays on the grass a lot longer than the paths because the ground hasn't frozen yet.

 This tree needs a few ornaments.

 I went for an excursion, and found this little sitting area I had never seen before.

I also found a hollow tree, which is pretty cool.


After running to get groceries, I decided in a fit of passion to make a sourdough starter. It turned out pretty well, I think.
It smells good too. I hope it didn't sour too much. I let it sit over night, and all day. The bowl wouldn't fit in the refrigerator, but I had a ready solution. I haven't turned the heat on yet in the room all break, so I just popped the window a crack and left it to chill in my room while I went to church.

No comments:

Post a Comment