Monday, March 4, 2013

Frankenstein, String, and Laziness


What do you do when you want to read on a top bunk, but don't want to have to clamber down to turn the night off? I don't know about you, but I made an INVENTION! Cue thunder and lighting. It don't help that I am reading Frankenstein.

I attached some string and sticky tack to the light switch. The sticky tack keeps the string in place, otherwise, 
it would slide off before the switch was done turning.

Then, I ran the string down to a pushpin in the carpet on the wall. Yes, I have carpet on the wall. I'm not sure
why, but the makers apparently thought that a dorm room is just not the same without a lot of carpet.
The string ended at a magnet stuck to the heater right by my bed. 
All I have to do is pull, and the light is out!
Necessity, and a little dose of laziness, is the mother of invention!

1 comment: