Sunday, January 6, 2013

Traveling does not necessarily imply arriving.

There must be something about Covenant College that just asks for trouble. The first time I traveled down, mom and I had some minor trouble when she forgot her driver's license. This time is a little more exciting.
Things started well when I was dropped off at my friend's house, stayed over, and left early that morning. She had just closed her bank account and I don't have a credit card. Her dad jokingly commented that should we have car trouble, we would have a problems paying for it. A perfectly innocuous thing to say, until seen though retrospect. Things went along swimmingly until about 45 minutes from our stop for the night. The clock turned off. The dials flickered. The car jerked. We managed to get it to the side of the road, where it died. There we were, 4 girls stranded on a highway in PA. We flagged down a car, and a Good Samaritan gave us a jump. Back on the road, we toodled along for a few miles when it shuddered again and died. A longer jump, and a lot of prayer got it back on the road, and has worked fine so far. We took it to a mechanic and they figured that it was the alternator. It's being fixed now, and we should get on the road around 1.

3 comments:

  1. What is it with Caledonians and car trouble?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't the foggiest. On the trip down we passed Caledonia and Scotland, but I forgot which state that are in. We are finally back, safe and sound.

      Delete
  2. I am sooo glad I did not know the details!

    ReplyDelete