Friday, January 4, 2013

Updates and Changes

While there has been total silence here for the past semester, that does not translate to lack of news. Primarily, I changed my major from Pre-Nursing to English. I have loved every moment of it, and I'm so excited for this coming semester. I have started the journey down with a short drive to a friend's house in NH, and we will continue to PA tomorrow, then to GA on Sunday. Classes start on Tuesday, and I'm quite looking forward to them.
I will be taking the second semester of three classes, Doctrine, French, and my favourite, Cultural Heritage of the West. I'm not completely looking forward my American Literature class, because right now I'm particularly interested in the Medieval Ages and the Renaissance. However, I suspect that as soon as I start reading for and taking the class I will quite enjoy it. I had a similar experience with Intro to Logic and Critical Thinking. It ended up focusing more on the logical side of things, and less on the critical thinking and I discovered a new love of formal logic!
I'm particularly looking forward to a class that I am auditing called European Enlightenment. The Enlightenment is a time period that I am particularly interested in, but there was no way I could fit it into my busy schedule. How I wish I were two people and could take 30 credit hours.
A long drive and an exciting semester await!

No comments:

Post a Comment